When was vspace introduced?

From: Christopher Meredith
Subject: When was vspace introduced?
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 08:45:17 -0500

I have been using latest stable (2.12.3) because that's what comes
with Ubuntu. Everything's fine, except it doesn't appear to recognize
vspace (I get compile errors). I installed 2.13.31 which does
recognize vspace, but now I am having problems with placement of all
my other objects (everything seems more cramped). I'd like to try the
earliest version that supports vspace to see if it solves both
problems at once.