Re: Equivalent to 'Gap before Bar'

From: James
Subject: Re: Equivalent to 'Gap before Bar'
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:44:21 +0100

Hello,

On 07/09/2010 05:26, Marc Schonbrun wrote:
Hello,

One element that I use quite often in Sibelius is 'Gap before Bar', which,
unsurprisingly, places a gap before the bar you've selected. It's wonderful for
writing books and examples where you want to have two columns of equally spaced
single measures. What's the easiest way to do this in Lilypond? I know that I
can just do a blank measure between the two measures I'd like to use, but I was
wondering if Lilypond has an equivalent property for creating a user-defined
space between measures. I've looked in the documentation, but didn't easily
find the answer.

Thanks,
Marc

See here (discussed last week as it happens):

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/58242

Is this what you mean?

James