Help Musopen liberate classical music recordings

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Help Musopen liberate classical music recordings
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 17:58:04 +0200

Hi dear LilyPond Users!

I'm relaying here a call for donations in order to liberate some
classical symphonies recordings from copyright entanglement.

Musopen wants your help to hire internationally renowned orchestras
to record and release the rights to: the Beethoven, Brahms, Sibelius,
and Tchaikovsky symphonies.

I'm not good in writing stuffs (especially in English), so I'm just
giving some links to:

  – a much better article written by the Electronic Frontier
    Foundation:
    "Musopen Wants to Give Classical Music to the Public Domain"

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/08/musopen-wants-give-classical-music-public-domain

  – the kickstarter page of the project (where you can support and
    donate, as well as obtain more detailed information about the
    project):
    "Record and release free music without copyrights"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/Musopen/record-and-release-free-music-without-copyrights

  – Musopen website:  http://www.musopen.com

They have already reached their initial goal of $11,000 , but every
additional $ will serve to release other pieces of music (set of Mozart
violin sonatas, or all of Chopin's mazurkas, ballades, or nocturnes...
a little money buys a LOT of music).

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers,
Xavier