Re: Centered Rests (= in the middle of the staff) in a multi-voice staff

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Centered Rests (= in the middle of the staff) in a multi-voice staff, without using <note>\rest
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:55:50 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 8. September 2010, 15:46:23 schrieb Ferran Auban:
> Hello Lilypoind community!
>
> When you typeset a one-voice-staff, the rests are usually placed in the
> middle of it.
> However, if there two voices, some will be printed on the top of it and
> others on the bottom, even if the other voice is inactive (with invisible
> rests).

If the passage is longer, I typically use \oneVoice to reset all UP/DOWN
directions to their default (i.e. stems will alsow go down), and then switch
back to \voiceOne when needed.
If that's not what you want, then you can always override the rest position
manually as Eluze wrote.
On the other hand, if it's just very short (no full-measure rests), I don't
use invisible rests at all, but rather use automatic rest combining. See the
LSR:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=336

Cheers,
Reinhold