Re: Chord Names Between Piano Staff Treble and Bass Clefs

From: keith Luke
Subject: Re: Chord Names Between Piano Staff Treble and Bass Clefs
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:51:54 -1000

Kieren,

Thanks for the solution.  It's exactly what I was trying to do.

Now I have another great LilyPond technique to use with any PianoStaff chord names.

Keith

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, I've tried it of course, but it doesn't work : chords are below the left hand...

PianoStaff does not, by default, accept ChordNames.

\version "2.13.31"

\score {
 \new PianoStaff <<
   \new Staff \relative a' { a4 b c d }
   \new ChordNames { <a c e>2 <c e g> }
   \new Staff \relative a { \clef bass a4 b c d }

}

\markup \fill-line { "" }

\score {
 \new PianoStaff <<
   \new Staff \relative a' { a4 b c d }
   \new ChordNames { <a c e>2 <c e g> }
   \new Staff \relative a { \clef bass a4 b c d }

 \layout { \context { \PianoStaff \accepts ChordNames } }
}

Hope this helps,
Kieren.