Re: LilyPondTool users on Mac?

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: LilyPondTool users on Mac?
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 21:35:03 +0200

Am 2010-09-09 um 20:38 schrieb Seth Williamson:

Error running external command
See the activity log about the problem
Cannot run program "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/ bin/lilypond" (in directory "/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/ Resources/bin"): error=13, Permission denied

That looks like jEdit would try to run "/App.../bin/lilypond" relative to "/App.../bin", which is nonsense, but shouldn't give problems if the binary path is absolute.

"Permission denied" looks more like you installed LilyPond with sudo or an admin user: try
sudo chmod a+x /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/*
if that doesn't help, perhaps
sudo chmod -R a+rw /Applications/LilyPond.app/

Can you run lilypond in the shell (Terminal.app)?

BTW jEdit/address@hidden:
I just don't like jEdit - horrible Java GUI... It fits neither Mac nor Linux. I mostly edit my sources in Smultron and compile in the shell - posted my runner script lately. I used to use the late LilyPad (after my little donation it passed away), but mostly switched its auto-preview feature off, since it never catched just that state that I wanted to see.

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm