Re: Legato, Polyphonic Voices and Connected Flags

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: Legato, Polyphonic Voices and Connected Flags
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:49:09 +0200

On Sep 12, 2010, at 10:43 AM, Emir D. wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've got a slight problem. In measure #1, I've got the non-polyphonic melody. In measure #2, I've got some polyphonic going on. However, I'm having problem telling Lilypond to put a legato from the last note in measure #1 with the first voice in measure #2.

Can you help me, please? I've provided an example .ly file, so you can see what I've been trying.

p.s. Also, in the example given, in the first measure, the flags of the last four eight notes are connected. How can I tell Lilypond not to connect them, e.g. instead of connecting the four eights into one group of notes, to rather group them in two group of two eights?

p.s.s. Forgot to add the attachment in the previous email :(

Thanks in advance,
Emir

The section on explicitly instantiating voices of the learning manual will help you with the first question, and the section on beams in the Notation reference will help you with the second question.

Hope this helps,

James