lilypond 2.13.33

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: lilypond 2.13.33
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 17:20:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Trying to compile a score that I made for 2.13.0 using 2.13.33 I was getting a message like:

 "couldn't fit music on page: overflow is 4.084461"

resulting in something like the attached screenshot where the last staff on the page collides with my tagline.

Because this comes from a rather large project ( Khatchaturians Sabre Dance, arranged for 4 piano's :-) ) it is difficult for me to reduce this to a short example.

But what I don't understand: if Lilypond is able to detect this page overflow, why is it not able to fix it automatically by reducing the number of systems on that page ?

BTW: I did not have this overflow with Lilypond 2.13.0 or 2.12.3.

--

Martin