Re: lilypond 2.13.33

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: lilypond 2.13.33
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 16:28:23 +0100

There have been a lot of changes to the page layout routines during the development of 2.13 and this would likely be one of them. It's still work in progress - a development version - and the overflow warning is to help the developers with this.

If you need a consistent page layout system, I'd suggest sticking with 2.12.3 for now.

--
Phil Holmes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Tarenskeen" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:20 PM
Subject: lilypond 2.13.33

Hi,

Trying to compile a score that I made for 2.13.0 using 2.13.33 I was
getting a message like:

 "couldn't fit music on page: overflow is 4.084461"

resulting in something like the attached screenshot where the last staff
on the page collides with my tagline.

Because this comes from a rather large project ( Khatchaturians Sabre
Dance, arranged for 4 piano's :-) ) it is difficult for me to reduce this
to a short example.

But what I don't understand: if Lilypond is able to detect this page
overflow, why is it not able to fix it automatically by reducing the
number of systems on that page ?

BTW: I did not have this overflow with Lilypond 2.13.0 or 2.12.3.

--

Martin