Chords with unequal durations

From: Steven Weber
Subject: Chords with unequal durations
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 21:55:50 -0700

I’m trying to typeset a chord that needs to look like this:  <c4 e4 g2.>

I’ve tried using <\tweak #’duration-log #4 c \tweak #’duration-log #4 e g>2., but that gives me dotted quarters.  I tried using the Dots object to hide the dots on the quarter notes, but that effects all of the dots in the chord, not just the bottom two.

I can make it look the way I want by doing separate voices << { \stemDown g2. \stemNeutral } \\ { stemDown <c e>4 \stemNeutral s2 } >>, but then I get warnings about clashing note columns.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how this could be engraved without the warnings?

Thanks!

--Steven