Merging rests

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Merging rests
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:45:26 +0200

Hi,

I have found a way to merge rests when there are two voices on one stave, but which evolve as one voice, to limit clutter on the score on this page : http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=336 .

It is very usefull indeed, but isn't there a more general way to merge rests. It's a lot of code for a task, that I think is often needed. This code is limited to two voices, but I already have a score laying around here with three voices. I know about hiding rests, but then I'll have to change the position of the remaining rests to the center of the staff, like the example of the snippet shows. I'm quite a beginner, so I think that's pretty advanced stuff already.

Any ideas for an alternative to the snippet?

Greetz,
Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/