Re: Help with this lilypond error

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Help with this lilypond error
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:54:22 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "peterwinson1" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:38 PM
Subject: Help with this lilypond error

I am trying to typeset a hymn with a refrain at the bottom.  The music and
the lyrics for the hymn is part of one staff. The music and lyrics for the refrain is on another staff. However, when I go to create the second staff
Lilypond complains that there is a syntax error at the second \new Staff
command.  Here is my Lilypond file.  Thank you for the help.

[snip code]

If you read the section of the Notation Reference entitled "1.6.1 Displaying staves" and then go to "Grouping staves" you will see the staves are surrounded with << >>. Try that.

--
Phil Holmes