re-learning markup sections

From: 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng
Subject: re-learning markup sections
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 22:14:44 +0800 (CST)

Hello,
  I am re,reading the sections in NR about markups. The following confuses me, because I can't find any wrong points in the last one. The madual says it has no anchor point, so can't be moved. Can you give me any clues?
  Also, I can't distinguish xx-align and xx-column. I think \left-align { "abc def" "ghi jkl" } will be the same when using \left-column. What's the difference? Could anyone give a plain text demo formatted with spaces?
Regards
Haipeng
-- begin quote --
The following example demonstrates these two possibilities; the last markup in this example has no anchor point, and therefore is not moved.
d2^\markup {
  Acte I
  \raise #2 { Scène 1 }
}