Re: 2 pages on 1 ?

From: ananth p
Subject: Re: 2 pages on 1 ?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:59:01 +0530

Multi-Column layout! I need that too.

This is how I did this score (3 Columns)- http://www.twitpic.com/2pie84
  1. Calculate the width (and height?) of each column; set the page size accordingly. (page width = column width)
  2. Run LilyPond, output the score as PNGs.
  3. Tailor PNGs. ImageMagick comes handy for this.

Problems:
  1. It's ugly job.
  2. Not satisfied by the PNG's resolution. Score doesn't look sharp enough. Workaround: render to bigger sized PNGs from lily.
  3. Page numbers, irrelevant and put in arbitrary columns.
Again, is there a more appropriate way to setup multi-column scores?