RE: How do I Invoke midi2ly in windows?

From: philippe sicabaig
Subject: RE: How do I Invoke midi2ly in windows?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 16:14:14 +0000

Probably there was some problem with my midi file. I created a very simple midi file especially to test and it worked.
Still the ly file created is quite unusuable, (old ly version, I had to convert it...). As a result I wasnt able to export a pdf so easily.
Is there an update of the  midi2ly.py file I have? I am doing piano sheet music on windows 7, so do you know if there is a good program or way to create a midifile compatible with midi2ly.
I would like for example to play the song, quantize it, then separate on to channels the right and the left hand so that lylipond is able to distinguish them.
If you have some tips and advices, I would be glad to hear them, otherwise, have a good day anyway!

Philippe