Re: best practices

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: best practices
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:32:14 +0300

On Mon 20 Sep 2010, 10:08 David Kastrup wrote:
> Anyway, if we have a sender knowing abbreviations, and a receiver _not_
> knowing them, they are not as much convenient for communication as for
> establishing superiority.
That was not about a (polite and convenient for all) way to answer emails in
this list -- only about that abbreviations are convenient (if not, they would
not appear in dictionaries at all).

I would say that abbreviations in this list appear far more often then
"inconveniences" in communication; that's why i would think about how to make
abbreviations clear.

ps. "Inconveniences" are far more important, i agree;
let's not to waste bytes "discussing" this .)

pps. Anyway, _any_ criticism must be attempting to be be constructive;
that's why i would think about how to make abbreviations clear.

ppps. [O:= Nothing more. Not to flame =:O]

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk
  Bug Squad

  Be careful! These are some commonly used abbreviations:
   • LM -- Learning Manual
   • NR -- Notation Reference
   • IR -- Internal Reference

  Look at LilyPond’s documentation to find more.