Re: separating music and guitar instructions

From: Vicente Solsona
Subject: Re: separating music and guitar instructions
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:27:37 +0200

On Wed 15 Sep 2010, 22:40 Xavier Scheuer wrote:
On 15 September 2010 19:53, Vicente Solsona <address@hidden> wrote:
> It probably has something to do with the fact that string numbers and
> right hand fingers must be put inside a chord, but skips cannot, but
> I'm stuck here.

This limitation that string numbers, right hand fingers
(but fingeringOrientations too!) require to be put inside a chord
construct _is_ annoying.
Hi, Xavier!

i feel like i can not understand what's wrong (i never typed guitar scores),

To sumarise:

String numbers, harmonics and right hand fingerings *must* be defined
inside a chord construct even if there is only a single note.

you can attach finger numbers to single notes:

        a-1 b-2 c-1-2-3-4 % etc

but you need to put the notes inside chords <> to attach string numbers,
harmonics and right hand fingers, even if it's a single note:

        <a\1> <b>\2> <c-\rightHandFinger #2 > % etc

There's surely a good internal reason for this, but from the user's
perspective it's a bit odd. While I can perfectly live with that,
it's (probably) also causing the issue which originated this post, so
we could have a bug here (unless I'm doing something wrong).

I would not like this "annoying and non-friendly limitation" was lost.

every single fretted instrumentist in the world will thank you for that
sooner or later :)

Thank you!

thank *you*

greetings,

Vicente

p.s. I am not suscribed to #devel. please forward if appropiate.