Re: Request for changes in manuals

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: Request for changes in manuals
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:25:47 +0200

On Sep 21, 2010, at 12:17 AM, mark damerell wrote:

> I am using Version 2.12.3.
>
> In a previous post I asked about printing bar numbers in non-standard
> places. I was told:
>
> 1)   \once \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #all-visible
>
> I believe that the manual fails to say that this command only works
> if you put it in exactly the right place, which is at the bar that is to be
> numbered.

The once command is explained in the 2.12 documentation in the learnining
manual, section 1.4.1. It may not be exactly clear what "the current musical
moment" is, but that's where it is.

> 2)    and
>
>   barNumberVisibility = #all-bar-numbers-visible
>
> I cannot find this documented anywhere.

The learning manual explains how to find these settings, and how the various
types of properties work.

> 3)  It seems as if   #(define    can be used to define macros with
> arguments. but I cannot find the syntax.

The advanced tweaking with scheme is explained in the learning manual in
section 4.6.5 and in the notation reference in section 6.

Hope this helps!

James