Re: How to get a property override into a scheme markup function?

From: Jeff Epstein
Subject: Re: How to get a property override into a scheme markup function?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:36:32 +0000 (UTC)

Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen <at> byu.edu> writes:
> [...] \displayMusic function missed a quote that you need in your argument
list--note that it should be
> #:override '(box-padding . 0.5)   not
> #:override (box-padding . 0.5)

Excellent. Thank you!

> Could you please file a simple bug report at bug-lilypond <at> gnu.org?

Done.

FYI: The final function that I came up with is this:

-----------------------
#(define-markup-command  (mBox layout props s_boxText)
                                                (string?)
      "Print the provided text in a box and small-caps. Example usage:
c4.^\\markup \\mBox \"a\""

   (interpret-markup layout props
      (markup #:line
          (#:override '(box-padding . 0.5)
             #:box #:center-align #:caps s_boxText))
   )
)

I had to shuffle the properties around. If #:caps was listed earlier, it would
not take effect. Also, I eliminated the extra parens, and realized the override
parens are needed, and must surround the s_boxText variable in order to apply.

Thanks again, Carl.