Re: drawing an arrow

From: James Worlton
Subject: Re: drawing an arrow
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 07:48:25 -0500

2010/9/22 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng <address@hidden>
Hello,
  I'm writing an indication for bell tree to gliss upwards. So I need an arrow pointing right-up. However, the following markup only produces an rotated triangle. Must I add a line before the arrow? Could you help me visually to create one?
Regards
Haipeng
\relative c, {
    r2 c\mp^\markup { \rotate #30 \arrow-head #X #RIGHT ##t } ~ |
    c4 r r2 |
}

(Didn't send to the whole list the first time, sorry.)

Here is what I do for arrows. Something like:

\version "2.13.33"
uparrow = \markup {
    \combine
    \arrow-head #Y #UP ##f