Re: something like scorch for lilypond?

From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject: Re: something like scorch for lilypond?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:20:02 -0400

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 09:48:00 +0200
Stefan Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:
> On the other site it is always interesting and helpful, at least in my
> opinion, to keep informed, what can be done with other software.
> After I have been a sibelius-user for many years I changed to lilypond
> because I prefer it's output and it's efficiency.
> But why shouldn't I say that some details in other softwares are clever too
> and sometimes maybee a little bit better than in lilypond?
> I really think that this browser-plugin scorch is a fine thing and it would
> be nice to do something like this with lilypond, that is all I wanted to
> say.

I think that you are arguing with a straw man (to mangle a metaphor).
No one is saying that you can't suggest ideas from other software.  They
are just saying that you should suggest the idea explicitely and not
simply point to another software and tell people to learn all about it
and then duplicate it.  Sure, use another software as an example but
propose your idea first.

Go read your first posting pretending that you know nothing about
Sibelius or anything else except Lilypond.  Do you see how it carries
no information about your proposal in that case?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <address@hidden>         |  Democracy is three wolves