First impressions of alpha test

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: First impressions of alpha test
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:01:33 -0600

Keith Ohara wrote:

> What are everyone's first impressions of 2.13.34, the alpha test?

Thanks for the review!  And especially, thanks for testing it on some old
scores to make sure we don't have regressions.

> The auto-beaming has changed, and seems to beam a little less often than the
> old system. The differences I saw were in tuplets, so I cannot yet say if
there
> are any standard beams missing.

As far as we know, the new autobeam settings match exactly with those
recommended in Stone, Ross, and Read.  If you have a place where you think
the autobeaming output is incorrect, please share it with us.

> So I'm hopeful that the eventual 2.14 will have equivalently pretty output to
> 2.12, with less need to override.  (Okay, more pretty; the lined-up instrument
> names at the left of the score are very nice.)

That's our hope as well.

Thanks,

Carl