Re: Optimising output for screen.

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Optimising output for screen.
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:31:09 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Phil Burfitt" <address@hidden>; "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2010 4:52 PM

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:
So I would conclude - if you need excellent screen display, you'll either
need a carefully written PDF viewer, or a screen with a resolution of around
1000 dpi.

If anybody is seriously interested in this issue, then why not look at
the mailing list archives for one the discussions between developers
(including Han-Wen, one of the founders of lilypond) about this
PRECISE ISSUE ?  This whole discussion, and any time you guys have
spent making images, is simply re-hashing the previous two discussions
on this topic... except without the opinions of the person who knows
lilypond the best.

- Graham

PS if you want a hint, one of those discussions was in 2007.

Thanks.  Now read it.  Also: