Re: Fw: Help needed - missing .pdf file after running lilypond sucessful

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: Fw: Help needed - missing .pdf file after running lilypond sucessfully.
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 00:44:49 +0100

Ming,

On 24/09/10 23:15, MING TSANG wrote:
> Hi, neuro:
>
> I think you problem can be resolved. Please refer to vol94 issue 94 message 3
> from Phil Holmes. If you are not absolutely need .ps, don't try.
>

> My problem is after I added as suggested from Phil Holmes, I got the .ps file
> and I lost .pdf file. I comment out the  line "#(ly:set-option
> 'delete-intermediate-files #f)" and re-run lilypond, but I lost both .ps and
> .pdf since. It has been a couple of days.  I have been asking help from
> lilypond
> users to resolve. I now wait for help from lily4jedif user.
>
> Lilypond users:
> I run Command line lilypond (CMD.EXE) as
>
> c:Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\LILY_POND>lilypond -f --pdf
> more-love-to-thee.ly
>

> and I get the following error message:
> GNU LilyPond 2.6.5

This means you have an ancient version of Lilypond installed on your
machine, and the \version in your source file specifies a later Lilypond
version as the minimum valid version.

Make sure you're running in an account with administrator privileges,

You need to download the latest LilyPond Version from the website (go
for version 2.13.34 if you can, and save it in downloads directory).

You should now de-install Lilypond 2.6.5 (there should be an Uninstall
option in your Start | All Programs | Lilypond Menu.

Once you've uninstalled V2.6.5, run the exe you have downloaded to
install Lilypond 2.13.34.

Run this command from the cmd window

lilypond
It should tell you it's running version 2.13.34.

Now try your test again.

Cheers,

Ian