Re: hspace in cm?

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: hspace in cm?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 00:10:50 +0200

On 9 July 2010 01:39, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, using output-scale.
>
> There's an example of its use here (for adding vertical space):
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-04/msg00057.html

Hi!

I'm sorry to "digg out" this 2-month-old topic (that I had forgotten,
I admit), but actually the answer to this would permit me to help 2
French-speaking users with their requests.

Robin (or somebody else), could you provide me a version of your
"put-mm" but using \hspace instead of \vspace ?
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-04/msg00057.html
In order to make a _horizontal_ space with a value in milimeters (and
not in "staff-spaces").

I promise I did several trials based on your code but they all failed!

> Here are a few hints to get you started.
>
> You can get the indent from the paper block using ly:output-def-lookup:
>
> (ly:output-def-lookup layout 'indent)
>
> Slot this value in a version of \hspace which takes no arguments (see
> the default definition in scm/define-markup-commands.scm for
> inspiration).
>
> Remember markups are separated by word-space, so you'll also need to
> subtract this from the indent.

Thank you Neil for these hints.

I don't want to take advantage of your kindness but would it be possible
to have a "ready-to-use" version of this?

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>