Re: How to include a file/definition temporarily?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: How to include a file/definition temporarily?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:39:44 -0600

On 9/27/10 3:32 PM, "Patrick Schmidt" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Don't feel any pressure to test my patch.  I just wanted you to
>> know it was
>> available because you had made the feature request.  It will get
>> added to
>> git relatively soon, and there should be a new release coming soon
>> as well.

>>> actually haven't got a clue what I have to do with your patch after
>>> downloading it.
>>
>> You would download the patch, then apply it using
>>
>> git apply
>>
>> Then you'd rebuild lilypond with
>>
>> make
>
> Carl,
>
> thank you for your kind instructions. I managed to apply your patch
> (issue2208048_1012.diff) and to rebuild LilyPond v.2.13.35. I tested
> your patch and it looks marvelous to me. Thanks a million! I will
> come back to you with my five chord-shape-fretboard-table-files as
> soon as they are ready to be presented.
>
> BTW at the end of the build process I got the following errors:
>
> Dissecting...lilypond-book.py: error: file not found: fretboards-
> alternate-tables.ly

Do you have a file
Documentation/snippets/new/fretboards-alternate-tables.ly?

IF you do, you may need to run

scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py

in order to get the file from Documentation/snippets/new to
Documentation/snippets.

But I'm not 100% sure about that.

> I also tried to apply issue2208048_11001.diff but to no avail (loads
> of errors/process aborted). Is there anything else I have to pay
> attention to? Do I have to remove old patches before I can apply new
> ones?

Probably.  The patch is relative to master, not relative to the previous
patch set, if I understand correctly.

> P.S.: Is there anything wrong with the two patches I sent you?
> Anything missing?

I'm sorry.  The only problem is that I haven't taken the time to review
them. I'll try to get that done today.

Thanks,

Carl