Re: 2.13.34-1 freezes when updating syntax (Mac 10.4)

From: James Wilkinson
Subject: Re: 2.13.34-1 freezes when updating syntax (Mac 10.4)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 16:32:38 -0400

At 4:26 PM -0400 9/28/10, James Wilkinson wrote:
I was using Lilytool in jEdit. There's a button there to update
versions. When you do that it reports progress in a console window.
The last message that it printed was "Applying conversion". Nothing
after that. It always worked before. The version number at the top of
the .ly file wasn't changed. I don't think there was anything else in
the file that needed changing, but don't really know that. I had used
this button a number of times before and got different results, so
this was a surprise.

I tried it later in Windows and got a similar result.

There was a post a few days ago noting that the 2.13.34 version changed the \version line at the top of the file to 2.13.31. That probably made me think that nothing had happened since 2.13.31 was the version I started with. However; something about what I saw looked incomplete. I had done updates before and was expecting some indication that it had finished but never got one this time.

I really should reinstall 2.13.31 to find out what I was expecting to see, strongly suspect that I won't. Since 2.14 is now available, it probably doesn't matter, anyway.

Jimmy Wilkinson            | Professor Emeritus of Computer Science
address@hidden        | The College of Charleston
(843) 953-8160             | Charleston      SC        29424
http://www.cs.cofc.edu/~jimmy

If there is one word to describe me, that word would have to be "profectionist".
Any form of incompitence is an athema to me.
Metathesis??? Don't ax me.
Just between you and I, the grammar used by Americans are getting worse.
I can only help but wonder what the cause of this might be.
It just ceases to amaze me how it could be the case, but mostly I could care less.