Re: orchestral template, please comment

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: orchestral template, please comment
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:43:25 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 29. September 2010, um 03:54:23 schrieb Mark Polesky:
> Have you looked at Reinhold's OrchestralLily package?
> http://kainhofer.com/orchestrallily/

That version is way outdated. The latest version (for lilypond 2.13.x) is
available only in git and is up-to-date as of yesterday's git version (where
you can tweak the part-combiner with \partcombineApart etc.). I'm actually
using it to generate huge (and very well-looking) orchestral scores for the
music publishing company that I'm building up right now.

I actually wanted to wait for lilypond 2.14 before I prepare a new release, so
that I have a stable release working with a stable lilypond version... I have
no idea, though, when lilypond 2.14 will be finally released.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to update the OrchestralLily documentation
so far. The best documentation for the current version is the paper and the
presentation that I gave at the LAC2010 conference this May in Utrecht:
   http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/science/publications.html
It gives a nice overview, although it does not got into much details. Still,
you should be able to get things going from that paper.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886