bar lines followed by barlines on a new line

From: Sam Domonkos
Subject: bar lines followed by barlines on a new line
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:55:10 -0500

I would like to explicitly separate parts of music by having these bar lines always at the beginning and end of parts, but they do not all print.

\bar ".|" a4 b c d \bar "|." \break
\bar ".|" a b c d \bar "|."

If noticed this works for \bar ":|:" \break
but not \bar ".|." \break
Is this intended functionality?

\version "2.13.14"
\remove Bar_engraver
\relative c''' {
  \cadenzaOn
  \bar ".|" c1 \bar ".|." \break
  c1 \bar "|." \break
  \bar "|:" c1 \bar ":|:" \break
  c1 \bar ":|" \break
}

Any help would be appreciated I have not seen a way of doing this from looking through the docs or maybe I am using the wrong search terms.

Thanks,
--Sam