Re: bar lines followed by barlines on a new line

From: Vicente Solsona
Subject: Re: bar lines followed by barlines on a new line
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:11:55 +0200

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 19:17:56 +0200, Sam Domonkos <address@hidden> wrote:

I am definitely closer thanks to your visibility reference. The remaining problem seems to come when a \bar "|." is followed by a \bar "|." even if they are separated by a \break. To confirm this I tried

\bar ".|" \bar "|." \bar ".|" \bar "|."

...and only the last is printed.

the Notation Reference states that "Bar lines cannot be printed at start of line."

perhaps this thread might be helpful:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-04/msg00908.html

but I'm running out of ideas beyond that, maybe others can help you better...

greetings,

Vicente