Re: bar lines followed by barlines on a new line

From: Sam Domonkos
Subject: Re: bar lines followed by barlines on a new line
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:25:35 -0500

Well I am not sure I am any closer with this solution because the wrong type of bar is being printed?

\version "2.13.34"
#(define (always-single-printEnd grob) (set! (ly:grob-property grob 'glyph-name) "|.")
(ly:bar-line::print grob))
endBar = { \once \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = #always-single-printEnd \bar "|." \break }

#(define (always-single-printStart grob) (set! (ly:grob-property grob 'glyph-name) ".|")
(ly:bar-line::print grob))
startBar = { \once \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = #always-single-printStart \bar ".|" }

#(define (always-single-printBar grob) (set! (ly:grob-property grob 'glyph-name) "|")
(ly:bar-line::print grob))
singleBar = { \once \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = #always-single-printBar \bar "|" }

\relative c''' {
\override Score.BarLine #'break-visibility = #all-visible

        \cadenzaOn
  \startBar c1  \singleBar c1 \endBar %wrong bar type here
  \startBar c1 \endBar
}

where as this solution is only missing the ending bar on the first line not the starting

\version "2.13.34"
\relative c''' {
\override Score.BarLine #'break-visibility = #all-visible
  \cadenzaOn
  \bar ".|" c1 \bar "|." \break
  \bar ".|" c1 \bar "|."
}

I believe when there are two bars in a row the first is ignore, does anyone know of any legitimate ways of avoiding/disabling this functionality. I can think of a work around where I put an invisible note with a partial to separate the two bars, but it would seem there should be a better way to do this.

--Sam