Re: notes sharing stems

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: notes sharing stems
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:28:13 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Wilkinson" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:27 PM
Subject: notes sharing stems

\version 2.13.34

I've got three percussion voices sharing a staff. When I made the bottom two voices be \voiceTwo and \voiceFour, I got downward stems, but each note had its own stem. Then I tried making them both be \voiceTwo. That gave me the printed output that I wanted: when notes coincide, they share a stem. However, I got lots of "ignoring too many colliding note columns" warnings.

Warnings make me nervous. I'm considering putting both those parts in a single voice and writing chords when notes coincide.

Anybody have a better suggestion?

thanks

You can turn off the warning with

\override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t

Bear in mind that this also turns off the "avoid collisions" calculations, so the layout _may_ be different.

--
Phil Holmes