Re: lilypondbook with multiple files

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: lilypondbook with multiple files
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:45:45 +0200

Dear Susan,
thanks a lot. I guess I understand it know, at least better than before-

2010/10/1 Susan Dittmar <address@hidden>

Quoting Stefan Thomas (address@hidden):
> Dear community,
> strange enough, but
>
> > \input {./partone.tex}
> >
> works fine!

Not strange at all.

It will be processed in a two-stage run. First stage is lilypond-book,
which produces partone.tex from partone.lytex and parttwo.tex from
parttwo.lytex, replacing the lilypond code by something (La)TeX can handle.

Then, in the second stage, pdflatex processes the master file (which did
not need lilypond processing). This master file includes the output from
the first stage, thus partone.tex and parttwo.tex.

Had the master file lilypond code aswell, you would have had to rename the
master file to master.lytex. Then you would process this file with
lilypond-book to produce a (La)TeX file called master.tex. And then you
would process the obtained master.tex file with pdflatex.

Hope this helps in understanding,

       Susan

--
Lösungen sind der Aufrechterhaltung eines Problems abträglich. (Bodo Rulf)