Re: Snippets in mailinglist (Was: Re: bad cross-staff slurs)

From: Xavier Scheuer
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 15:32:36 +0200

On 3 October 2010 14:36, Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> wrote:

> I personally would prefer it if lilypond snippets and example code in this
> mailinglist were posted as separate attachement(s) to the mail. I then just
> simply can save the snippet to disk. Now I first have to copy and paste the
> lilypond code in my text editor, and save it from there before running
> lilypond on it.
>
> What do other lilypond mailinglist readers think ? If many people agree, we
> could encourage people to follow this practice.

I depends.
When this is a whole lilypond file I prefer it as separate attachement.
But for "minimal examples", i.e. code including only 2-3 measures
showing an issue, I prefer it included directly in the mail.

I think my reasoning is somewhat similar to the difference between
  @lilypond  and  @lilypondfile  we can see in LilyPond .itely doc.

Cheers,
Xavier

--