Re: Snippets in mailinglist (Was: Re: bad cross-staff slurs)

From: Valentin Villenave
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 11:59:02 +0200

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I greatly prefer having short snippets inline.  That way I can read them in
> my mail reader, rather than having to open them to see what's up.

Ditto. If I ever want to compile one, I have a dedicated ~/toto.ly
file that I only use for pasting code excerpts :-)

> Long files are better as attachments than inline.

It's possible, but then there's a good chance most readers won't go
through the hassle of downloading/saving/compiling/deleting the file
(as pointed out by James; BTW he missed the part where your home
directory is clobbered with random .ly files and you have to remember
which ones are important and which ones you may delete).

Cheers,
Valentin