Re: instrument names for grandstaves

From: RobUr
Subject: Re: instrument names for grandstaves
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 12:56:48 +0200

Obviously it's not intended to group RhythmicStaves in GrandStaves.
The solution is to use ordinary StaffGroups and overriding the systemStartDelimiter. Could be like this:
--- snip ---

\version "2.13.35"

\score {
        \new StaffGroup
        <<
                \new StaffGroup = "group I" \with {
                        \consists "Instrument_name_engraver"
                        instrumentName = "group 1"
                        shortInstrumentName = "g1"
                        systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBrace
                } <<
                        \new RhythmicStaff = "test I" {
                                \set RhythmicStaff.instrumentName = "test 1"
                                \set RhythmicStaff.shortInstrumentName = "t1"
                                c4 c c c | \break c c c c
                        }
                        \new RhythmicStaff = "test II" {
                                \set RhythmicStaff.instrumentName = "test 2"
                                \set RhythmicStaff.shortInstrumentName = "t2"
                                c4 c c c | \break c c c c
                        }

                \new StaffGroup = "group II" \with {
                        \consists "Instrument_name_engraver"
                        instrumentName = "group 2"
                        shortInstrumentName = "g2"
                        systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBrace
                } <<
                        \new RhythmicStaff = "test III" {
                                \set RhythmicStaff.instrumentName = "test 3"
                                \set RhythmicStaff.shortInstrumentName = "t3"
                                c4 c c c | \break c c c c
                        }
                        \new RhythmicStaff = "test IV" {
                                \set RhythmicStaff.instrumentName = "test 4"
                                \set RhythmicStaff.shortInstrumentName = "t4"
                                c4 c c c | \break c c c c
                        }

        \layout { }
}