Re: \header place in \score block (doc & syntax clarification)

From: RobUr
Subject: Re: \header place in \score block (doc & syntax clarification)
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 01:06:20 +0200

Did you notice Lily's log? It complains about the bad \header placement!
But it seems uncritical, and so Lily continues compiling. Should it abort?

Best, Robert

Am 05.10.2010, 15:09 Uhr, schrieb Antheo <address@hidden>:

would somebody mind clarifying?

Antheo wrote:

The documentation here
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Introduction-to-the-LilyPond-file-structure#Introduction-to-the-LilyPond-file-structure

says: "A \score block must always contain just one music expression, and
this must appear immediately after the \score command."
and: "these three commands – \header, \layout and \midi – are special:
unlike many other commands which begin with a backward slash (\) they are
not music expressions"

Which implies that the \header must be placed after the music expression.
However, I found that with version 2.12, the lilypond accepts that the
header is placed before as well.

\version "2.12.3"
\score {
  \header { piece = "lilypond compiles a score where header is placed
before the music expression"}
  { c'4 a b c' }
  \layout { }
}

If lilypond compiles the file, I'd assume the documentation needs to be
updated???
Would you mind clarifying?

 http://old.nabble.com/file/p29878274/test%2Bheader%2Bplace.ly
test+header+place.ly