Re: Surprising rendering order

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Surprising rendering order
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 10:26:26 +0200

2010/10/7 Roman Stawski <address@hidden>:
> In the snippet below, I'm trying to set up a simple numbering of the pieces.
> This used to number the pieces in ascending order in version 2.12.[don't
> recall].
> But not any more...

The behavior is as if normal markups in music render in the expected
order, but instrument names are in reverse order.  Here I attached
counters to plain notes. ¡funny!

\version "2.13.34"

#(define sequence-number 0)
#(define-markup-command (score-sequence layout props) ()
 (set! sequence-number (+ sequence-number 1))
 (interpret-markup layout props
   (markup #:bold #:large (number->string sequence-number))))

\new Staff {
 \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup\score-sequence
 a'1^\markup\score-sequence
}

\new Staff {
 \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup\score-sequence
 b'1^\markup\score-sequence
}

\new Staff {
 \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup\score-sequence
 c''1^\markup\score-sequence

Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com