empty Staff context and vertical spacing

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: empty Staff context and vertical spacing
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:04:03 +0200

Hi,

 when using \RemoveEmptyStaffContext, between-system-padding and
between-system-space seem to have no effect, the staff systems are
squeezed together with seemingly no vertical space between them.

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious. I tried to find information in the
doca about that but didn't see anything concerning this issue.

Here are the infos:

lilypond version: 2.13.23

the layout block on the top level:

\layout {
  indent = 4\cm
  \context {
    \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t
  }
   between-system-padding = 2\cm
   between-system-space = 2\cm
}

I also tried to set between-system-padding and -space in a \paper
block but that didn't change anything.

Thanks for any advice,
Orm