Re: Bar alignment

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Bar alignment
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:12:33 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Agostino Dovier" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 8:58 AM
Subject: Bar alignment

Hi all,

does someone know how to force the alignment of bars in subsequent lines?
I mean. I would like to produce a "regular" score e.g. with 4 bars per line
and with a fixed length of each bar (eg, set to 1/4 of page width). I know
it is not always the best solution but sometimes it might be useful.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Does proportional notation (see the Notation Reference for this) provide you with what you want?

--
Phil Holmes