Re: Chords below staff

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Chords below staff
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:24:45 -0600

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 18:06 +0200, Hans Aberg wrote:
> On 14 Oct 2010, at 17:03, -Eluze wrote:
>
> >> How does one get the chords below the staff? - Searches only give how
> >> to get them there by mistake, by forcing into the staff context.
> >
> > i don't know where the problem is, but using
> >
> > \version "2.13.35"
> > \score {
> >  <<
> >    \new Staff  \relative c' {
> >      c1 e1 g1 c1
> >      c 1*4
> >    }
> >    \new ChordNames \chordmode {
> >      c1 c1 c1 c1
> >      c1 c1 c1 c1
> >    }
> >>>
> > }
> >
> > i get the chords below the staff!
>
> That works for me too. - The strange thing is that I tried it, but it
> seemed not working. :-)

I found I can move the chord symbols by moving the \chordmode block
before the \new Staff.  What puzzles me is the c 1*4 syntax; that I
can't get to produce anything.  In order to get 4 C notes, I had to
\repeat unfold 4 { c1 }

Colin
---
Education: That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the
foolish their lack of understanding. - Ambrose Bierce, writer
(1842-1914) [The Devil's Dictionary]