Re: alternative notation for tuplets (idea)?

From: 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng
Subject: Re: alternative notation for tuplets (idea)?
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 07:47:31 +0800 (CST)

Hello Janek,
  It's perhaps not feasible to change in my opinion. The current calculation is very scientific. If you use c3 c c, then you'll lost the true value, since \times 2/3 { c4 c c } equals a half, while \times 2/3 { c8 c c } equals a quarter. It might be good to change to \tuplet 3 { c4 c c }, but have you considered nest tuplets in a morden score? This algorism helps the program to easily understand how much value it must fit these notes into and how much percent the values of these notes must be compressed. E.G., \times 4/5 { c16 c \times 6/9 { c32 c c c c c c c c } }, I think it can't easily understand what human being think: \tuplet 5 { c16 c \tuplet 9 { c32 c c c c c c c c } }. Even the printed version will make human think two or three seconds to begin to play on an instrument.

Regards
Haipeng