Re: orchestral template, please comment

From: Keith E OHara
Subject: Re: orchestral template, please comment
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:21:15 -0700

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:15:19 -0700, Keith E OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 03:25:50 -0700, David Santamauro wrote:

there should be visual 'space' in addition to the grouping itself.

The forthcoming 2.14 will have a variable to adjust the space between
groups[...]
we need to recommend good defaults for the spacing variables.

Actually, we can do this now.  The development version has default spacing that
puts groups of staves closer together.  It looks maybe a bit too subtle to me,
but pretty darn good.

The defaults are :
StaffGrouper
    between-staff-spacing . ((space . 9)(minimum-distance . 7)(padding . 1))
    after-last-staff-spacing . ((space . 10.5)(minimum-distance . 8)(padding .
1)))
VerticalAxisGroup
    default-next-staff-spacing . ((space . 9)(minimum-distance . 8)(padding .
1)))

In English :
Staves within a group are spaced 9 staff-lines apart (from centerline to
centerline).
After the last staff in a group, the next staff is placed 10.5 staff-lines
below (centerline-to-centerline).
After a staff that is not in a group (like percussion) the next staff is placed
9 staff-lines below.