Crescendo or decrescendo on one note

From: Cordilow
Subject: Crescendo or decrescendo on one note
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:06:46 -0700 (PDT)

I have a situation where there are only two notes considered, side by side.
One has a crescendo and the next has a decrescendo. Any ideas on how to do
this? I looked at the documentation and could only find something doable
with a three note combination, or with both on a single note (as with
\espressivo). I also need to do it in cases where the notes aren't side by
side (but just have each over its note).

Here's a link to a picture of the song I'm engraving (yes, this version is
old enough to be public domain in the United States):
http://runeberg.org/smfsang/0010.html