Notation for Russian Orthodox Chant

From: Richard Downing
Subject: Notation for Russian Orthodox Chant
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:58:43 +0100

I'm trying to replicate a specific notation used at London Russian Orthodox Cathedral.  It's very simple, and consists of two forward-diagonal lines across the middle line of the stave extending to the line above and the line below.  It's used to indicate that the note preceding it is to be repeated for each syllable of the lyrics that follow.  I know there are other musical ways of indicating this, but I need to exactly duplicate the symbol concerned.

What I'm doing at the moment is this:

%
{
   \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
   \cadenzaOn \key f \major
f\breve^\markup { \italic flexe }
 f4 f4 g2 f4 \bar "|."
}

\addlyrics {
\override LyricText #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT
"Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: Trinity, one in essence and" un -- div -- id -- ed

but I need to replace the breve and markup with the right 'thing'.

Thanks in advance.

Richard.