Re: orchestral template, please comment

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: orchestral template, please comment
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:55:23 +0200

2010/10/19 James <address@hidden>
On 19/10/2010 10:01, Jan Warchoł wrote:
However, in my opinion (and i'm an amateur, judging only by my personal
taste about readability) there should be more space after (...)

While all these suggestions are perfectly reasonable, let's not forget after all this is a *template*

You are right. However, in my opinion the main advantage of LilyPond over Finale (and other notation programs) is that Lily makes more things on its own and there is less things for user to tweak (so in addition to less work needed you don't have to be an expert to produce pleasant scores). That's why i suggested improving default spacing.
Of course if doing what i suggest is too much work then forget it :) The amount of work needed is difficult for me to judge as i have only the very basic programming skills (not much more than "Hello world" in C) :)

cheers,
Jan