Re: Beam slope

From: Keith E OHara
Subject: Re: Beam slope
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:09:19 -0700

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:08:51 -0700, Ralph wrote:

I'm currently using version 2.12.3. I've noticed that sometimes Lilypond
uses sloped beams, and sometimes uses level beams, in places that appear to
be almost identical. Specifically, see the snippet in the Learning Manual,
Section 1.1 Background => What symbols to engrave,

I think you are noticing that the beam is level when the inner notes have the
shorter stems :
\relative c' {d16 g g g  g d d d }

This is on purpose, and you might enjoy looking at the regression tests called
beam-concave*.ly.  These might be in your installation
<install-directory>/source/input/regression/, otherwise at
lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/input/
regression/collated-files.html
(Line break in the link because it's too big a file to fetch accidentally)
-Keith