Customizing ottava brackets

From: Richie Gress
Subject: Customizing ottava brackets
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:12:57 -0400

Hi.
I am wondering if it is possible to customize ottava brackets at all. Specifically I am trying to
  • set how far away they are from systems/staffs,
  • set the height at which they begin and end/put them at a slant,
  • or draw them like a line, so they can be bent certain ways.
If it is possible to do any of these could someone explain how? I would be very grateful because I am engraving a piece that has some note/ottava bracket collisions that I want to take care of.