Re: changing number of lines in staff, clef and note positions

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: changing number of lines in staff, clef and note positions
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:08:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

Hi,

starting from this example:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Staff-notation#Changing-the-number-of-lines-in-a-staff

How can I:
change the position of the bass clef in the lower staff, so that the 2nd line from above is the f-line, just like with a normal 5-line staff, and the bass-clef (f-clef) and notes are placed accordingly ?

To answer my own question:
changing:
  \clef bass

to:
  \set Staff.clefGlyph = #"clefs.F"
  \set Staff.clefPosition = #1
  \set Staff.middleCPosition = #8

did the trick.

Now I have to find some more tricks to achieve my following goal:
I need to change the spacing between the upper and the lower staff, so that the position of the middle c (c') is exactly in the middle between the two staffs, and the distance between c' and e' (upper staff) and c' and a (lower staff) is exactly the same as between for example e' and g'. In other words I need proportional vertical notation across the whole 2-staff system.

(B.T.W: Maybe you are curious what I'm trying to do? I want Lilypond to print music staffs that will be cut out from the paper, the notes will be perforated to holes. The strip of (thick) paper will be inserted in a small music-box that I have. The wholes in the paper will trigger small metal pins and the music will play! This will also require proportional notation horizontally. And very exact changing of the staffsize. Some more things in the manuals I have to study :-) )

Martin