Re: changing number of lines in staff, clef and note positions

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: changing number of lines in staff, clef and note positions
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:44:51 -0700 (PDT)

Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> To answer my own question:
> changing:
> \clef bass
>
> to:
> \set Staff.clefGlyph = #"clefs.F"
> \set Staff.clefPosition = #1
> \set Staff.middleCPosition = #8
>
> did the trick.

Are you sure?  Looks to me that middleCPosition should be
#5.  Anyway, you can try the following code.  The value for
padding is arbitrary, it just has to be negative enough to
not ever be used.  By the way, I'm currently preparing a
patch to improve the documentation relevant to this topic
(vertical spacing inside a system).  Soon to be posted...

- Mark

\version "2.13.36"

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup #'next-staff-spacing =
        #'((padding . -20)
           (space . 5.5)
           (minimum-distance . 5.5)
           (stretchability . 0))
      }
      { c'2 c' }

    \new Staff {
      \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-count = #4
      \set Staff.clefGlyph = #"clefs.F"
      \set Staff.clefPosition = #1
      \set Staff.middleCPosition = #5

      c'2 c'